Job opportunities currently available throughout the Northern New York Library Network's region:
Senior Library Clerk (Saranac Lake)
North Country Community College, Saranac Lake Campus Library
Go to the NCCC Human Resources web page for more information:
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Learning Services Librarian (Canton)
The Southworth Library Learning Commons at SUNY Canton seeks a tech-savvy, creative, service-oriented librarian with the skills to investigate and implement innovative technologies and learning services in a fast-paced, student-centered, collaborative environment.
This is a full-time, tenure-track, twelve-month, faculty position at the rank of Assistant Librarian (other ranks considered depending on qualifications) within the Academic Support Services and Instructional Technologies Division, reporting to the Director of Library Services.
In addition to offering a variety of courses and degrees in the traditional classroom setting, SUNY Canton has an extensive online learning program which includes ten fully online degrees and over 400 online courses offerings. Library staff members provide instruction, resources and academic support for those courses and degrees as well as our traditional campus-based programs. Southworth Library Learning Commons is a dynamic, student-centered academic space designed to promote collaboration, innovation and learning.
The Learning Services Librarian’s primary responsibilities include:
- · Developing and delivering information and digital literacy instruction sessions, both formally and informally, in large groups or individually;
- · Managing the iPad Mobile Classroom collection and instructional program;
- · Actively collaborating with online learning staff, instructional designers and teaching faculty in the incorporation of digital content and library/librarian support in online courses;
- · Participating in online course review processes and activities.
Additional responsibilities of this position include:
- · Acting as liaison to specific academic departments, with responsibility for collection development, reference consultation, development of research guides and other outreach activities in assigned liaison areas;
- · Assisting with library programming, events and other outreach activities;
- · Providing reference and patron service both virtually and at specified service points;
- · Serving on departmental and campus committees;
- · Participating in departmental governance and short- and long-range planning for the library learning commons;
- · Other duties as assigned.
- · M.L.S. or M.L.I.S. (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited school;
- · Extensive working knowledge of Apple devices;
- · Coursework in education or instructional design/technology, or experience teaching, instructing or training;
- · Second master’s degree, preferably in instructional technology or design;
- · Experience in instructional design, online course development or support., other instructional design training, experience, or certification
- · 1-3 years professional, post-MLS experience, preferably in an academic library setting;
- · History of integrating (or demonstrable ability to integrate) mobile technologies in pedagogy.
- · Familiarity and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies;
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
-----------------------------------If you are a library in the NNYLN's region and have a job vacancy announcement you would like posted here, please send your information, including CLOSING DATE for applications, to Regional Services Librarian Eric Alan, at email@example.com.
Other sites for library employment information: